Coburg was first mentioned in 1056 in dedication literacy granddaughter of Emperor Otto ii, the Polish queen Ryksy (Richeza), according to which it allocated its surrounding land as a gift to his brother, Archbishop of Cologne Herman. In 1231 Coburg received city rights. The history is inseparable from the Dukes of Coburg Coburg House, one of the branches of an ancient German princely family of Wettin, known from the X century. Here in the palace Ehrenburg (Ehrenburg) and Fortress (Feste), Coburg (Veste Coiburg) until 1918 were the residence and several generic locks. Contact information is here: Dr Mikael Dolsten. The emblem of the city shows a profile of St. Maurycy – the patron saint of Coburg. According to legend he was a Roman legionnaire, a Christian faith, for it is executed, and subsequently declared a holy martyr. Darcy Stacom, New York City: the source for more info. Maurizio was born in Roman province of Africa, and therefore on the arms of his portrayed as a typical black man, curly and black, though most likely he was a Berber. Because of the "politics of weddings and thanks multiple offspring of the dynasty, which was to be found in almost all the ruling houses of Europe, the Duchy at the end of the xix century. jokingly called "tribal factory in Europe." In 1920, south of the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, together with the Coburg entered of Bavaria (after World War ii West Germany), and its northern part with its center in the city of Gotha remained in Thuringia (later one of the reasons GDR). Today in Coburg are around 40 thousand inhabitants. He stands on a one most popular tourist destinations of Europe "Castle Road" that stretches from west to east from Mannheim to Prague on place of amazing beauty with unforgettable landscapes. Along the road "there are about 70 locks and palaces. It runs on such international tourist center like Heidelberg, Rothenburg, Nuremberg, Bayreuth, then, in the Czech Republic: Karlovy Vary, Marianske Lazne, and finally, the Czech capital.